1. How Can I tell if my electrical system has a problem? 

There are many things that can signal an issue with your system, including but not limited to:

-Flickering lights
-Appliances and systems that deliver a slight shock, especially when touched
-Recurring issues of tripped circuit breakers and blow fuses
-Unusual odor near your appliances or wiring
-Sizzling sound on your wall outlets and switches

Any of these issues shouldn’t be taken lightly because they are indications of overloaded circuits, which can cause electrical fires.

2. I have a minor electrical issue. Can I work on it alone or call a local handyman? 

We understand how the urge to cut cost on any project fosters a DIY mentality. However, you should always understand that completing your electrical work is simply a gamble and illegal in most cases. Instead of risking your safety and that of your family, call an experienced but affordable professional to troubleshoot them problem.
Licensed electrical companies charge more than a local handyman for a reason: they are familiar with complex electrical concepts and processes. In fact, we are often called by many homeowners to clear messes made handymen, so we will never complain if you hire them. The only thing that you need to know is the fact that you may end up paying more for a handyman who thinks he knows whatever he is doing but takes twice as much time as licensed electrician to complete a job. Additionally, the work of a certified technician is guaranteed to meet industry standards and codes.

3. How fast do you respond when contacted?  

We offer emergency services, which are always around the clock for our customers. For cases that are not so urgent, expect a call to set up an appointment the same day or the next day-at the latest.

4. Does my home need to be re-wired? How long does the process take? Will the house be damaged during the re-wiring process?

We always do whole home safety inspection to figure out the current status of your home’s wiring. Some of the wiring that we considered to be major hazards includes BX wiring, ungrounded system, and knob & tube wiring. If they are in a poor condition, we will consider re-wiring.
We have served even homes that are over 100 years old. So, we understand how to find efficient paths to allow us complete any re-wiring project in a safe manner. We will preserve the original structure and details of your home so that you don’t incur repair and restructuring costs.
Most of the re-wiring projects will take us 1 week or less to complete. Bigger homes can take a few more days or up to 2 weeks. Nonetheless, you don’t have to move out of your home during the process.

5. Can illuminating my switches boost my home security?  

Switches are often illuminated for increased visibility, and are particularly handy when a member of your household has some physical limitations. Additionally, such switches are also very useful during emergencies. For instance, by flickering your emergency decorator home locator switch, you can make your outdoor lights to flash, sending a distress call.  

6. Should I get a Surge protector for my home?

Sometimes, a surge of power can flood out to residential homes from a nearby power station. In such cases, a surge protector will guard your appliances from the power surge. Surge protectors are often used for electronic devices such as TV, home theatre systems and computers. If you love your devices and want them to perform optimally without worrying about replacing them from time to time, you should consider protecting them with a surge protector.

7. What should I do if my circuit breaker keeps on resetting?  

A fuse that keeps burning out or a flipped circuit breaker implies two things: a problem with wiring or an overloaded system. If the fuse corresponds to a set of outlets, establish whether too many appliances are plugged in. However, for a long-term solution, contact us so that we can figure out an appropriate course of action.

8. Which grade of electrical outlets do you recommend for a residential setting?  

Currently, there are 3 major grades of outlets on the market:  

-Homeowner Grade: These are often the cheapest and the most common types of electrical outlets. This implies that they are the grades that you will find installed in many builder-grade homes. The only problem is that they are flimsy and tend to wear out in 5 to 10 years
-Commercial Grade: They cost about 50 percent more than their homeowner grade options. However, the financial difference is negligible considering that they can last for up to 100 years under typical house use conditions.
-Hospital Grade: Their prices are on the higher side and can cost 10 times the price of the homeowner options. They are designed for never-fail use in hospital settings—for instance, you are likely to find them in power breathing machines.

When replacing your outlets, therefore, we recommend commercial grade because they will serve you for long. Hospital Grade are also good but they are really not necessary in homes or residential settings.  

9. Why is my power out while everyone’s is on? What can I do?  

There are myriad possibilities: probably you are in different circuits or there is some damage to the transformer, line, fuse, or switch that serves your home but everyone else’s is fine. The first thing that you should do is to call a local electricity company to ascertain whether the fault is on their end. If that doesn’t prove to be fruitful, call us so that we can schedule an urgent visit.

10. I have seen a cheaper company elsewhere. Why are your services a bit more expensive?  

It takes a lot of time, resources, aptitude and at least 4 years of experience for a technician to work and deliver excellent results without supervision. Like any other profession, such technicians need to be compensated well. Because our goal is to give our clients the best, we always pay a premium for our technicians’ skills and experience.  


Contact Us Today: (209) 250-3126

© 2019 Anyway Electric, LLC | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service